NOTE: There is a 48 hour processing time on pharmacy refills.
This guide is published for the use of the customers of Fox Army Health Center. It is intended as an aid to understanding the services available at Fox Army Health Center’s Pharmacy and is not an official publication of this organization or the Department of the Army. While we have attempted to provide information representative of the questions most often asked by our customers, this guide is not all inclusive or exclusive to services offered. Specific questions should be directed to the pharmacy staff.
AR 40-3 requires that medical care and services be provided only to eligible beneficiaries. The military I.D. card is a tool that helps us meet this requirement. Medication will not be issued for a patient who is over the age of 10 years unless a valid military I.D. card for that patient is presented to pharmacy services.
- Maintenance medications: A quantity of up to a 90 day supply may be dispensed by Pharmacy. The prescription with refills may be filled for up to 12 months.
- Requests for exceptions to this policy may be brought to the attention of the Chief, Pharmacy Services.
- Prescriptions expire after 1 year from the original date of dispensing, except for controlled substances as described herein.
- The original number of refills will be annotated on the PRESCRIPTION LABEL. For example, 0 of 2 refills means there are zero refills left out of 2 refills prescribed.
- Controlled substances, schedule II, III, IV, & V: A maximum of a 30 day supply may be dispensed by the Pharmacy.
- Exception: Ritalin, Adderall, and Concerta may be dispensed for up to a 60 day supply, for Attention Deficit Disorder. Federal Law prohibits refills on Schedule II controlled substances.
- Schedule III, IV, and V controlled substances: a maximum of a 30 day supply may be dispensed with a maximum of 5 refills.
- Dye free products are not stocked and are not available for order at this pharmacy.
- Controlled substances expire 6 months from the original date it was written by the provider.